Monday, February 13, 2012

Cranberry Pot Roast

This is the easiest roast you'll ever make...

Ingredients:

1 can jellied cranberry sauce
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 roast, about 3-5 lbs

3 1/2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter

Directions:

1. Spread the onion soup mix into the bottom of the crock pot.
2. Place roast on top of the soup.
3. Spread the cranberry sauce as evenly as you can over the top of the roast.  Try to keep as much of it as you can on top of the roast, it will seep down and give the meat a wonderful flavor. Cook on low for 8 hours.
4. When the roast is done and has been removed, pour the juice from the crock pot into a pan.  Add the butter and whisk in the flour to make a gravy.

I served with:
Mashed red potatoes with garlic and herbs

Jess' Grade: B+

This is a very easy recipe!  The reason I gave it a B+ is because it just doesn't hit my tastebuds like some of the other dishes I make.  Don't get me wrong; this is a fantastic thing for a family, just let it cook all day and make some potatoes before serving.  The first time I made it I couldn't believe how simple it was.  Try it for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment